The Hematology ASH Education Program 2021 provides review articles from the Education Program at the 2021 ASH Annual Meeting. In this publication, each chapter relates to a different session presented at the meeting, spanning the spectrum from basic discovery and disease pathogenesis to the clinical application at the bedside.
This activity is supported by educational grants from AstraZeneca; Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; and Novartis Pharmaceuticals.
Cover Image: Neutrophils
Source: Animated Healthcare Ltd/Science Photo Library
- Describe biologic phases and mechanisms of chronic GVHD development
- Describe novel approaches to chronic GVHD prevention and treatment
- Understand the continued need for high-quality multicenter clinical trials based on biologic rationale and using chronic GVHD end points
- Understand the strengths and limitations of luspatercept for the treatment of TDT and NTDT
- Understand the potential benefits and toxicity of genetically modified autologous HSCT for TDT
- Describe therapies under development for the treatment of TDT and NTDT
- Have an improved understanding of the different types of gene therapy
- Be able to have a more thoughtful conversation with patients regarding gene therapy