Rights and Permissions
Material published in Blood Advances is covered by copyright. All rights reserved. No part of the publication may be reproduced (see exception below), stored in a retrieval system, translated, or transmitted in any form or by any means now or hereafter known, electronic or mechanical, without permission in writing from the publisher, The American Society of Hematology (ASH).
The copyright owner consents that copies of articles may be made for personal or internal use, or for the personal or internal use of specific clients, for those registered with the Copyright Clearance Center Inc. This consent is given on the condition that the copier pay the stated per-copy fees through the Copyright Clearance Center, Inc., for copying beyond that permitted by Sections 107 and 108 of the US Copyright Law (Fair Use). This consent does not extend to other kinds of copying, such as copying for general distribution, for advertising or for promotional purposes, for creating new collective works, or for resale. For those kinds of purposes, permission must be sought from the publisher using the following guidelines. If you have any questions regarding our rights and permissions policies please contact Blood Advances Permissions.
Authors reusing their own materialAuthors have permission to share their article in the following ways after it has been published in Blood Advances:
- With students or colleagues for their personal use in presentations and other educational endeavors.
- On the authors’ institutional repositories.
- On the authors' personal websites.
- As a link to the article on the journal’s website anywhere at any time.
- Publicly on non-commercial platforms.
The author must include the following citation when citing material that appeared in Blood Advances:
|"This research was originally published in Blood Advances. Author(s). Title. Blood Adv. Year;Vol:pp-pp. © the American Society of Hematology."|
Specific examples of acceptable author reuse and sharing include:
- Reprinting the article in print collections of the author’s own writing.
- Reusing figures and tables created by the author in future works.
- Reproducing the article for use in courses the author is teaching. If the author is employed by an academic institution, that institution may also reproduce the article for course teaching.
- Distributing photocopies of the article to colleagues, but only for non-commercial purposes.
- Posting a copy of the article on the author's personal website, departmental website, and/or the university intranet. A hyperlink to the article on the Blood website must be included.
- Presenting the work orally in its entirety.
- Using the article in theses and/or dissertation.
Authors reusing their own material in the above ways must include appropriate attribution and do not need to contact Blood Advances for permission.
For all other uses, the author must request permission from ASH by visiting the Copyright Clearance Center.
All others wishing to use materialWritten permission to republish any parts of works owned by ASH must be obtained prior to usage. To do so, please visiting the Copyright Clearance Center.
Translation RightsASH permits Blood Advances articles to be translated into foreign languages, which can be reprinted for distribution. Please see our terms and conditions below.
- Nothing may be added to or deleted from the original text, figures, references or editorial notes.
- No product advertising or company logos will be permitted in foreign language reprints. No content that was not originally published as part of the article may be printed together with the article as one printed piece. A tracking number for inventory purposes may be printed on the back of the reprints, but nowhere else.
- If any attachments, such as product information, are to be distributed with the reprinted article, the following methods only may be used:
- Insert product information into reprint as a loose leaf
- Staple product information to reprint after the translated reprint has been bound
- ASH reserves the right to inspect the content and the packaging for the foreign language edition of the Blood Advances article prior to distribution
“© American Society of Hematology. Reprinted with permission from the American Society of Hematology, which does not endorse any particular uses of this document. The American Society of Hematology is not responsible for the completeness or the accuracy of the translation.”
For further information, or to request permission to translate an article, please visit the Copyright Clearance Center.
Author reprintsReprint and publications fees are handled by Sheridan Journal Services. Access the online eBill author site for reprint and publication fees here.
Commercial ReprintsFor commercial reprints in the USA, please contact Springer Healthcare. Telephone: 212-620-8467
For commercial reprints in all other territories, please contact Springer Healthcare.Telephone: +44 1829-772 756, Fax: +44 1829-770 330