Author membership in the American Society of Hematology is not a prerequisite for submission or publication in Blood and is not taken into consideration during the peer review process.
All manuscripts must be submitted online through eJournalPress. Blood does not accept submissions unless they are made online through this site.
If you have not used this website before, you must register a new user account using your desired e-mail address. Please note that this primary e-mail address is the only one that eJournalPress will use to identify you.
Before submitting your manuscript online, you should have the following information on hand:
- Contact information for all co-authors, including a current functioning e-mail address for each. eJournalPress requires an accurate and functional e-mail address for each author. If an author is not accessible by e-mail (e.g., deceased or out of e-mail contact), this must be discussed with the editorial office prior to submission.
- Abstract and manuscript files. Please be sure that your manuscript text document contains page numbers.
- Related manuscript ID number(s) (e.g., BLOOD/2014/123456) if this manuscript was previously submitted or if this submission is part of a companion group.
- Cover letter to the Editor-in-Chief.
- E-mail addresses of suggested reviewers, if any.
- Mechanism for payment, with all information necessary to pay the submission fee on-line. Payment is required at submission for all Regular Articles, Blood Forum, Brief Reports, and e-Bloods.
Users are encouraged to use up-to-date browsers including Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer 10 when submitting a manuscript through eJournalPress. Non-suggested browsers include older versions of Internet Explorer (IE 9 or less) and other out-of-date browsers as all current eJournalPress features may not be supported.
Note that the submission process must be successfully completed before peer review can begin; a successful online submission is acknowledged by an e-mail to the corresponding author. That message will include the manuscript number, which needs to be cited in all correspondence to Blood staff, both within and outside eJournalPress. Please note that you will have 30 days to complete submission of your manuscript. After 30 days all partial submissions are automatically deleted from the system.
Please note that upon successful submission of a manuscript, all coauthors receive an automated e-mail confirming the submission. Please make sure all authorship issues regarding inclusion/exclusion and authorship order are resolved prior to submission. If the manuscript is accepted for publication, all coauthors will be contacted again with instructions for providing their copyright transfer signatures online. Each coauthor will be required to register a user account in eJournalPress, which they will use to provide an electronic signature from the Author Area. Coauthors’ signatures may be received at any time after the initial submission of the manuscript, but they are not required for peer review. However, an accepted manuscript will not be prepublished online or otherwise published in Blood until all signatures are received.
For additional questions regarding the submission process, consult the authors’ frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding manuscript submission. You can also contact the Blood Editorial Department
Online copyright transferBlood requires all authors of accepted manuscripts to provide electronic copyright transfer signatures or to document their status as an NIH or other U.S. federal employee and thus unable to transfer copyright. Upon acceptance of a manuscript, an e-mail will be sent to all coauthors with instructions on how to access eJournalPress individually and provide their own electronic signatures. Articles will not be prepublished until all signatures are received via eJournalPress
Manuscript submission feeA nonrefundable processing fee of $75 is due upon submission of Regular Articles, Blood Forum, Brief Reports, and e-Blood articles. No submission fee is required for all other article types. If a fee is required, you will be asked to pay it online using credit card at the time of submission. Please note that purchase orders and bank wire transfers cannot be accepted for the processing fee.