1. Fifteen cases of sickle-cell anemia in twelve white families in southern Turkey are reported.
2. In all these cases of sickle-cell anemia and their families, there was no suggestion of anything Negroid in their features or coloring.
3. The hereditary trait of these patients has been investigated. In 53 healthy members of twelve families 37 persons had sickle-cell traits.
4. With the exception of case 12, both parents of all cases had sickle-cell trait.
5. The possible explanations of the frequent occurrence of sickle-cell anemia and the fairly high incidence of sickle-cell trait in this white community have also been considered.