Building a Pathway for Diverse Leaders in Hematology
A partnership between ASH and the Harold Amos Medical Faculty Development Program illustrates how to support medical fellows from backgrounds underrepresented in medicine.
The Dark Side of CAR-T
Brea C. Lipe, MD
Dr. Lipe discusses the introduction of CAR-T and the excitement surrounding it, as well as the disadvantages caused by supply shortages and accessibility issues.
Most Read Articles
- Decitabine Yields Similar Survival Despite Superior Responses Versus HU in MP-CMML
- The United States of Medicine
- Consensus Guidelines Outline Treatment of ITP Related to SARS-CoV-2 Infection, Vaccination
- Machine Learning Algorithm Predicts Acquired Versus Inherited Bone Marrow Failure
- You Make the Call: When would you start phlebotomy for an asymptomatic patient with hemochromatosis?
Study Gives Definitive Look at Life Expectancy in SCD
Patients with SCD tend to have inferior survival compared to the general population, according to the first periodic life table for SCD based on actual population data. Study findings also show that patients with SCD who qualify for certain types of public insurance tend to have lower life expectancies than those on other types of public insurance.
A Poetic Life: Azra Raza, MD
In this edition, Azra Raza, MD, shares her passion for reciting poetry, the deep roots poetry has within her family, and how the power of verse has helped in her career.
Bridging Therapy Responses Boost CAR-T Outcomes in LBCL
Researchers performed a multivariable analysis to assess the association between response to bridging therapy and PFS after CAR-T therapy, while accounting for other pre-treatment factors.